Sunday, June 12, 2011

El Try Anythingo

Although we have been to El Eden many times and have blogged about it in the past, our latest adventure deserves a post of its own!  It tops all the rest simply because it started with the idea to do a back flip.

Lindsay.  Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay. My dear friend Lindsay.

I am not sure how to best describe her other than she is the girl version of Mat(her cousin), except that, she is better.  Simply because she is a female and has all the stunning qualities a female would possess and a male would lack.  For example, on top of being game for anything, having a charismatic personality, and an enlightening Ora surrounding her 100% of the time, which is completely contagions might I add, she also contains female-only qualities that add to her profile.   Washing the counters off after she is done doing the dishes or getting the coffee pot ready for the next day's morning-person, are the winning qualities that put her a step above her male competitor.  Her captive fire and love for life makes her a friend you want to keep around.  However, it also makes her a glutton for punishment.  All deeming qualities in my books!

My evidence is as follows:

Lindsay's first go at the Tarzan Rope was approached with adult humility and nervousness.  However, it ended with the shear brilliance of invincibility and a kamikaze delusion .  My concern started when she came for her next turn.





 Like a kid at a carnival, her eyes were wide with anticipation and a little glazed over and dilated by the last hit of cotton candy.

Let me line this up for you.  We get to the tarzan rope.  I say, "Lins, I think you should swing on that rope, at the far end of the lever you are creating, use your biomechanical force to propel your feet up into the air over your head, this will create a natural progression for you to release your hands and dive backwards into the water."

"OK!" answers a very eager mature lady-voice, which stuns me because I am looking at the face of a 12 year old girl at this point.  Before I can ask her if she wants to rethink my theory she giggles and jumps off with a little push from Harley.  Actually the giggle might have come from Harley, her intuition is a little stronger than the rest of ours and I think she had already predicted the final result.








I don't even know what to say at this point.  
I think Harley's posture says it all - Really?  Did you really think this was gonna end well?

The execution on this one was a little shady.


.......Next up we have Lins' fearless BF, Jeremy.


Can he do it?
He has potential.
No!!  He blows it!


Did I say fearless?  I meant fearful.  I don't know why?  With that nose plugging form he was sure to have a perfect landing.








Harley thought she better step up her game.  Clearly it was stupid day at the park, which meant she had to zone in on her  lifeguard duties.  She had a hard time standing on the edge watching us idiots.  Every time we jumped you could expect a howling dog to leap into action, Baywatch style, to welcome you as you resurfaced.    






Just chillin' at a very privy location.







Predator strikes again!  Let's get out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment